Friday, May 13, 2011

At Home

We are spending the day at home. I so want to paint, but with rain in the forecast for the next few days, the primer would stay sticky. We'll find something else to do. In the meantime, I will find joy in the things that have been marked off my list.
::cracky plaster has been scrapped off the ceilings::
::it wasn't as big an area or a mess as I had been anticipating::
::legs have been put on our bed::
(I just won't think about how unstable it is and how much they need to come back off)
::our bedroom has been rearranged::
::Abigail has declared her readiness to put her bed in a frame::
(my sister and I had matching frames growing up. 
she sleeps in my sister's bed when we stay with my parents. 
she has been known to fall out of that bed)
::distant thunder::
::birds singing defying the thunder::
::sleeping bags on the floor for stormy (physically or dreamily) nights::
::seeing Thor last weekend for our anniversary::
::looking back at the last 11 years--good and bad::
::knowing I'd spent them with the one person I am meant to spend life with::
::liking him eleven years later::

What is on your list today?

No comments:

Post a Comment