Friday, May 6, 2011

He Cares for You

I Peter 5:7 "Cast all your anxiety on him because He cares for you."

How often I need this assurance - there is a place for me to take my anxiety and leave it! That place is with the One who cares about it even more than it do! No matter how many years I've been praying and seeing God do amazing things, I am still in desperate need of His help and comfort each day.

This is one of the first Bible verses I ever learned and it continues to have an impact on my daily life. Because I don't have to carry the weight of the world, I can have a light and thankful heart.

Today I am thankful for...

a Friday - one of my favorite days. The Carnegie Science Musuem is coming to do an in school field trip with our kindergarten class and I'm almost as excited as the students!

Mother's Day weekend - it is always fun to be appreciated and it is also a happy time as I think about my own mom and all she means to me.

the people God has given me - family and friends who make every day worthwhile. Our grandson, Liam, is a special joy in our lives.

answered prayer - first, God brought my son-in-law, Aaron back safely from Afghanistan. Now he has given Aaron and Christy a safe and memorable trip across the U.S. and back. What an amazing country we have.

a quiet heart - being able to clear my mind of all that weighs on me as I give it to Him. Then meditating on some promise of God that soothes and refreshes my soul.

"Praise the Lord. Praise the Lord, O my soul. I will praise the Lord all my life; I will sing praise to my God as long as I live." Psalm 146:1,2

~Joy Herman

1 comment:

  1. Today I am thankful for...

    This post!

    Newsboys (the band)

    A good (step 1) in my last child going to Kindergarten (registration was today)

    My Garmin (very much!)

    This gorgeous day!

    How the Lord works in people's hearts

    A drive with my sister-in-law

    Early Mother's Day gifts from the heart!!!!!!

    Friends

    Venti Chai Tea Latte!

    Nail Polish!!

    My family

    The faces of my children

    ReplyDelete