Thursday, February 10, 2011

My first Valentine!

Last night at church, there it was! My little guy walked up to me with a "surprise" and handed me the very first Valentine that he's made for me. When we were trying hard to become pregnant, this was one of those things I dreamed about and there it was in real life! It was as real as a Valentine can get: it says "Mommy" and his name and is in the shape of a big heart, and it made my heart soar. Especially because he made a production of having it hidden in something else and presented it to me as a hard made gift.

These little things are so special, and the delight in his eyes as he gave it to me was so heartwarming. It make me wonder about God and how he must feel when we delight him. Psalm 149 tells us to praise him and he delights in us! What a great feeling, so much more so than even my son feels from giving me a Valentine, to have the Lord delight in us as we praise him!


Praise the LORD.

Sing to the LORD a new song,
his praise in the assembly of his faithful people.

Let Israel rejoice in their Maker;
let the people of Zion be glad in their King.

Let them praise his name with dancing
and make music to him with timbrel and harp.

For the LORD takes delight in his people;
he crowns the humble with victory.

Let his faithful people rejoice in this honor
and sing for joy on their beds.

No comments:

Post a Comment