Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Chocolate Milk

My children get up before I am ready to do anything with them. We have a morning ritual of a short video and chocolate milk. I have been using a powdered chocolate milk mix featuring a bunny on the canister. I have issues with high fructose corn syrup and other ingredients I don't recognize on the label. So I was thrilled when a fellow blogger created a chocolate syrup and a chocolate milk that has ingredients I can buy at the grocery store on my own.

I don't feel comfortable copying her post so here is the link. I will note that she uses sucanat which substitutes for sugar one-to-one. Last night when I was making the blender chocolate milk, I used sugar in place of the maple syrup and it was yummy. Abigail complained that after blending there were too many bubbles. I mixed up about half a gallon and after sitting in the fridge all night the bubbles lost their loft and she enjoyed it this morning.

Once or twice a week mixing for a few minutes to give me chocolate milk I understand, totally worth it!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks, Sarah, for the healthier receipe. We're going to try it. (maple syrup is a favorite in our home) I like knowing what the ingredients ARE, also!

    ReplyDelete