Thursday, October 28, 2010

Change things up!

Mommy & Me Thursday!


I was VERY happy when Jen asked me to do this Blog and the first thing that came to mind was how many different things I love to do with my kids and the different traditions we have!!

We do our best to make sure they do EVERYTHING possible that they can!! We always take *Free* into consideration when we do things.

We LOVE to take them to Jumonville, Nemacolin Woodland's Zoo (you basically drive around the resort and can get out and look at the many different types of animals they have!) ,CoopersRock, and Freindship Hill Mansion!! Just a few ideas of unique things we can all do with our children!

We all know that some of the traditions for holidays are really silly. So this year, I've decided that I was going to do everything to make sure the kids knew that there are alternatives to the the more "worldy" traditions of Halloween.
For example: We have decided to carve pumpkins but put sayings instead of faces like :"Shine for Jesus", "Smile God loves you", "Jesus is the way!", and "Faith" with a cross!!
We also are handing out our church's cards (we attend Cherry Tree Alliance) along with candy to our trick or treaters! We do wear costumes but not anything scary.
I just try to include the word and God's message in all that we do so that my kids will be able to pass the word too!:)

Also to those of you who attend Cherry Tree, I just wanted to add how GREAT it is to teach your children and how AMAZING the children really are!!Sometimes I think they teach me quite a few things!!I feel like its a priviledge to get to work with them and I'm very pleased at the growth of some of them!!I would also like to say I'm very happy for the little ones who have decided to have the Lord in their hearts!!;)

~this post was written by Telina Piper! Telina attends our Cherry Tree MOPS group and is the mother of three children!
(Edited by Jen G.)

No comments:

Post a Comment