Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Question Tuesday!

Ok, Ladies! I'm remembering my dad long ago (and frequently) telling me "Nobody ever said that life was going to be fair". While I hated that, it did give me a re-direction from the tendency I had to feel entitled to whatever it was I was feeling entitled to at the time. This quote doesn't give my answer to the question, but it does resonate in my mind a lot as I go though life because he was sooo right!

So we're wondering today, What is the best piece of advice you've ever been given? It doesn't have to be about parenting, but it can be!

3 comments:

  1. Keep a clean enough house to keep the health department away and take your kids to the beach! (It was from a friend in Michigan who was giving me advice given her by a super-clean mother-in-law.) But it is so hard to remember!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "It's easy to be a bad parent. It's hard to be a good one!"
    Marie Benner

    I remember this advice, almost daily ;- ).

    It is easy to be a bad parent. It's easy to not discipline, not teach, to be selfish, etc. etc. It's so hard TO discipline, TO teach and to be UN-Selfish, etc. etc.

    Even as hard as parenting is...this advice reminds me that the hard work is worth it! It may be years and years before we see the fruits of our labor (I mean that literally and figuritivly -and I know I spelled that word wrong...I'm on my lunch break!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. "It doesn't matter what you do (as a vocation), just be good at it." and, "You're going to be misunderstood, just make sure you're not misrepresented."

    ReplyDelete