Friday, October 8, 2010

With Thanksgiving

I've prayed many desperate prayers this week. When I've felt at the end of my ability to rejoice over another picture for the fridge, or to soothe yet another bump from the pursuit of another interest. I wait for God to answer, to give me the desire or the joy, to make me a happy mother as Joy said earlier this week.

The verse I cling to, that I've memorized, that I've highlighted and made bold says,
Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God that surpasses all comprehension, shall guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:6-7
 The bold is my own doing. You see, so often I forget the with thanksgiving in my days. Then I wonder why I am less than happy in this motherhood adventure. Do you ever struggle with with thanksgiving in your days? If so, would you join me in making a list today?

::husband at work::
::ladies welcoming little girls::
::the way Operation Christmas Child turns her heart to compassion::
::squash in a pot::
::fried cabbage::
::sleeping late::
::pulling out fall quilts::
::white cats purring on laps::
::black dogs joining us for tag::
::hitting the two year mark with big black dogs::

1 comment:

  1. My list...for today...

    Small group friends who understand (and who send dessert home!)

    Snoring children

    US Postal Carrier Bruce and US Postal worker Jodi who helped save a package today!

    Spinach on pizza

    Another day

    Nina, Star, and Lucy

    Fireman

    Scholastic Books

    A novel that I enjoying much and didn't expect to be.

    Sarah Jones and Wendy Gaither for making me smile today!

    Canned Pumpkin (Oh I said that earlier today didn't I?)

    Words of Affirmation

    ReplyDelete