Friday, October 29, 2010

Thankful...

Thankful! What an easy word to say but a hard word to put in action at times. Mortgage payments, bills, crazy schedules and daily life take control and distract us. The past year and a half has really taught me what thankful is about. I am thankful for the mortgage payment that comes each month. My family has a home. I am thankful for the bills. We are able to have the luxuries that some don't have. I am thankful for the crazy schedule. My kids are healthy and able to participate in sports, plays and birthday parties. I am thankful for daily life. God has put amazing friends and family around me to share this rollercoaster ride! Next time you have something that completely overwhelms you, try to let God show you the part to be thankful for!

What are you thankful for in the midst of the stresses of life?!

~Donna Galderisi

3 comments:

  1. the way the sound of falling colored pencils in the next room tell me i have children
    the glee that accompanies sliding across a newly mopped hardwood floor
    hearing the mocking meows during quiet time

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so thankful for my sweet husband who has single handedly (word?) painted most of the interior of our house this year. He is a great dad and a sweet man and he's patient with his emo wife. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am thankful for a tender heart of a six year old that comforts the sad heart of her mother.

    I am thankful for stinky, dirty, cat litter. Yep! Because what makes the cat litter stinky and dirty brings us so much joy, comfort, and purring!

    I am thankful for bubble bath!

    ReplyDelete