Friday, January 28, 2011

Giving thanks...


I guess it might seem trite at times when we talk about counting our blessings, but it's essential to maintaining  perspective!  There are so many blessings and as we learn to live with a trusting heart, we can see the positives even in the events and situations that are difficult.   
 
Tonight I am thankful for...
 
 - a dear friend and former colleague from the Philippines who is scheduled to visit us for the weekend.  The prospect of having overnight company means my house is a bit tidied up and the fridge is full!
 
- my husband and children - I really don't deserve to have such a wonderful family!
 
- texting - don't know how I'd keep up with my adult children without it!
 
- snowdays and two hour delays - I love the beauty of the snow and it's great celebrating with my son when we get news of a delay or cancellation.
 
- womanhood!  A Bible study I am doing on the book of Esther is reminding me to celebrate being a woman.  One of the best parts of being a woman is the great understanding I share with my mom, sisters, and all my female friends!
 
-Jesus, an amazing friend who has never given up on me.  He has comforted me through the crushing heartbreaks and the many small trials on my journey.  We are never alone!
 
By Joy Herman

No comments:

Post a Comment