Friday, January 7, 2011

New Year

Well, the time of celebration is over.
 Thanksgiving is long past. Christmas toys have become old. The ball has dropped and confetti has been vacuumed.
Now it is time to get to the business of life and change and goals and . . . work. Doesn't it have the sound of drudgery--taking inventory of our shortcomings, making lists of the ways we would like to change, resolving.

After the first week of thinking over these things, perhaps it is time for a new inventory. Let's make a celebration list. Celebrating the gifts He has given us--talents, transformation, fun.

:: making stars on the ceiling ::
:: naked boys ::
:: snow ::
:: almost finished with the thumb of my first ever crocheted mitten ::
:: cats sleeping at my feet ::
:: finding a multiple alarm alarm clock for my computer ::
:: picking up ::
:: a day to finish the unfinished tasks from the week ::

3 comments:

  1. My Celebration List...

    Kind people that make my going to my "more-than-a- part-time job" right now and leaving my kids ....a bit more bearable.

    Friends

    SNOW!

    2-Hour Delays

    A warm fire

    A great novel

    In 5 minutes I am about to be cuddled in my bed with my two extremely cool kids.

    Denists

    Music

    ReplyDelete
  2. My celebration List:

    Being home (a warm home)

    A book, my chidren and I

    Family meal time

    Moms, journeying motherhood together

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...winter birds
    quiet time
    flannel sheets
    NO CABLE TV

    ReplyDelete