Thursday, January 27, 2011

Trying...

I am trying.

Trying to change my very poor attitude that I cannot seem to shake this week.

Why is that?

Well let me list some things (in no particular order):

* My dryer has been broken for 8 days now ...

* My son has been coughing for 2 weeks now...

* My daughter has been sick with a temp and sore throat since Sunday night...

* I have not been feeling well for about a week...

* I hear the demanding form of the word "mommy" . . . . ALOT!

* I am not meeting goals that I have set for myself.

*As much as I LOVE the snow...it keeps getting in the way!

*Our checking account seems to be leaking.

*My house is well...let's just say...well, let's just not say!

*I am tired! Why aren't my children?!

You know the song "Count your many blessing...name them one by one...count your many blessings...see what God has done..."

I have many. Sometimes for me, it helps to list what is making me crabby (or what I feel is making me crabby) and then make the list of blessings that makes me sick at my stomach for making the crabby list to begin with!!!

* I have a warm home!

* I have moms who are doing my laundry while my dryer is broken.
YES I have noticed that my dryer happens to be broken while we are all sick. A hidden blessing! My only worry right now is taking care of my children, NOT the build up of housework that awaits when we are better!! Wow! God timed that just right, I'd say!

* My goals are never out of reach.

* I really do LOVE the snow!

* One day that word "mommy" is going to turn into "MY MOTHER" and it's going to sound like "Mom" topped with attitude because I AM annoying THEM! So perhaps I better cherish every "mommy" I get no matter what the tone!

* Mr. Stafford (the repair man, who I should really add to my Christmas card list...heck Christmas GIFT list!) is on his way at this VERY moment!!!!

* My kids just have a virus. Nothing major!

* My husband will fix the leaks in the checking account. It's not really my responsibility.

* I am loving the book of Esther! (It's in the Bible)

* My house will never reach my standards. In fact NEITHER WILL I!!!!!


The point to all of this is...

My lack of changing my attitude and my perspective is the reason I am crabby. I do not like negative people. I really don't like when I become one.

I am going to spend this Mommy & Me Thursday doing just that...SPENDING TIME WITH MY ME'S!!!!!!

New Super Mario Bros Wii...here we come!!!!!!
I'm feeling better already!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. There's that 'attitude' word again. It creeps up on us; BUT we can claim it , release it, and overcome it ...through Him!

    I just recently came across this quote in my notebook.
    "The longer I live the more I realize how our attitude impacts."
    Chuck Swindoll

    ReplyDelete