Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Boys in Carts

Yesterday we went grocery shopping. There are many reasons I do not like grocery shopping, but probably the main reason is my "Toothless Wonder." He wiggles and wobbles. He drops the toys, the food, the drink out of the cart. He shimmies right out of the belt no matter how much I tighten it. He pulls his sister's hair and shouts for attention. His presence makes grocery shopping hard!

So my question on this Tuesday. . .
How do you keep your children and yourself happy while grocery shopping?

I feel the need to add that I do remove the items pitched from the cart from his possession only to then encourage the shimmying! It seems that each consequence I apply creates a new problem. Ideas please.

3 comments:

  1. I have the same problem with Achilles too, but what I try to do is have him involve during shopping. I give him the small handling product to put into the shopping cart, while he is sitting in the buggy. Yes, this is time consuming but it makes shopping fun for him because he is now involve. Hope this help.

    Joua Lee

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was going to suggest something similar Joua.

    I try to give Ethan things to put in the buggy. I let Brenna check stuff off of the list.
    I occasionally have a spare sheet of paper and pencil on hand for Ethan to use.

    It's so hard shopping with little ones...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aaron pushes the cart, but he's tall enough... hmmm..what if you let him sit in the cart part? Or what if you gave him more FOOD? (his favorite!)

    ReplyDelete