Thursday, November 18, 2010

This moment...

I am sitting at my laptop this very moment.

This very moment happens to be the time that November 17, 2010 turns into November 18, 2010. It is midnight. Sleep is not in my immediate future. I don't want it. I don't need it...yet. I am running on "mommy fuel." Why?

Well, also at this very moment, to my right, is a little boy very sick with stomach flu.

This very moment, up in my bed, is a little girl who fell asleep watching Chitty Chitty Bang Bang.

The past two years I have gone back and forth with having a desire for more children and not having a desire for more children. At this moment (smile) I am thankful that there are only two.

I am not sure how I could care for my sick little boy (who is finally sleeping peacefully) and my worried, embarrassed, nervous little girl who needs to be away from her brother, but close enough to make sure he is okay.

Even though I hate when my children are sick, for some reason these are the moments I feel more like a mommy than any other.

Not exactly what I planned on sharing with all of you this early Thursday morning, but these are mommy and me moments non-the-less. I get so much more cuddle time, and more one on one time when they are sick. Again, I am not glad I am getting these “extras” this way, but I am reminded to be thankful for them. When my children are sick I am reminded of how fast time goes and how un-important the small things are. I hate that sometimes it takes sickness to do that.

I am looking at this little fevered face praying for it and loving it so much more than I did yesterday. I check on my beautiful, tenderhearted girl and am amazed by her. Wow, am I blessed!

I look over at my husband asleep on the recliner. I am extra thankful for him today. He offered to make dinner (and did it!), cleaned up the kitchen, bathed Brenna, and has clean up detail when Ethan…well, you know. He did all of these things so that Ethan has his mommy at his side.

I am thankful for Jodi who has volunteered to work for me later on today so that I didn’t have to leave my son.



No comments:

Post a Comment