Thursday, November 11, 2010

Dinner table game...

At dinner last night we tried to play a game with the kids.

I am not sure the proper name of this game, but I know that all of us have played it before.

This is how it went...

I whispered "Gilbert is a silly black kitty" in Ethan's ear, then Ethan was suppose to whisper "Gilbert is a silly black kitty" in Brenna's ear and then Brenna do the same to Alex. The point of the game is to see if the message gets to the last person without any changes.

At first I didn't think that it would be much fun because we only have four people and one of them being four himself, well...

The first two rounds were good. Messages were delivered correctly. Then Alex started the third round and tried to get "the hippopotamus likes to where purple in the dark" through two sets of little ears. He had to tell Brenna twice, which I'm not sure is aloud in the "official" rule book. He then tried to get around something about a bat hanging upside down eating jello pudding? I cannot remember this morning what I heard about the hippo, or the bat, but what I do remember is lots and lots and lots of laughter!

I love moments when we make time for each other. I love moments when the TV is OFF. Cell phones are OFF. Computers are OFF. The only sounds I hear are the sounds of family.

No comments:

Post a Comment